Thursday, February 17, 2011

And now for the most inspirational...

In the past I took the opportunity to show a film to my students - Not only was it relevent in many ways to the english curriculum - it is relevent to life - for All. The following quotes come from some of the students, who in turn inspire me.

I learnt that what you will for, you can get no matter what. As they say, every will has its way. Thankyou.
Go for what you beleive and don't worry about anyone else.
Never underestimate yourself, and don't care about criticism.
It doesn't matter if you win or lose, the important thing is to be proud and honored of yourself.
Whether you cross the endline or not, you should not lose your feeling of proudness and dignity.
If you are not enough with the medal, you won't be enough without it.
What I did really like about the movie is that although they don't have ice, they competed in an ice sport, and that means that you don't have to own something to be good at it. The most important thing is to do it in your own way.

Guesses anyone...?
Be Jamaican, Act Jamaican, Walk Jamacian, Talk Jamaican.

You may think it cheesy, but I think it timeless. I suggest everyone take a moment to watch or re-watch this classic and be inspired.

2 comments:

mikki said...

Cool Runnings?

Spiro said...

awesome. were they thrown off by the accents?