Monday, May 21, 2007

It's time for an update


I have been avoiding this greatly because I don't have good photos to put up.
But this has turned into a bit of a competition with a fellow intern who just started a blog which gets 15 hits daily...all viewed by him. We are trying to get more people to view his blog, and if you are willing leave a random comment. He is probably the funniest person I know (Its a good temp until I get to enjoy spiro's craziness again.) Visit his blog at www.mshawontherez.blogspot.com


I have learned a little about me; it is way easier for me to blog when there is good company in the same room. Spiro am I turning into a people person?


It has been great out here. The offical summer will start on Thursday when I move into a house with 15 others who will be serving out here in White Swan. These days I have been spending my days working on getting all the supplies organized and things distributed that we will need for the summer. In the afternoons Mary Granberry has been walking me through food preparations for 100 to 150 people daily. I never thought I could do this. In the evenings we have been spending time with people in the community at different events and sharing meals together. I have loved spending time with some youth and elders. I have a lot to learn.

Meet the Granberry kids...the coolest Mks I know

David-9










Morgan -10












Beth - 12









Anne Marie -14 with Alexa A good friend












And an Honorable mention to Marisol

1 comment:

Bridget Beth said...

Lisa! I miss you! I'm so glad you're loving life.